- What high schools have you played for so far and what has been your experience at each?
I started out my High School Career at Pope High School in Marietta, GA, and spent the next two years playing ball at IMG Academy. After Junior season I decided to finish at Pope, playing with the guys I grew up with.
- What is the daily schedule like at IMG during football season?
The schedule was super busy, I would often be up at 5:45 to get breakfast, treatment at 6:30, then practice and meetings would go until 11 with school from 1-6.
- What was your experience with the recruiting process?
Initially recruiting was really stressful and there was a long period of time when I wasn’t sure if I would get any FBS scholarships. After Western Kentucky offered me after my Junior season, things began to skyrocket, and I had several power 5 coaches telling me I would have offers to their schools if it wasn’t for COVID and eligibility changes due to it.
- Any advice for younger players who are yet to commit?
The best thing you can do is self promotion. Today, there’s 100 guys just like you, better size, better grades, better competition. Recruits have the opportunity to use platforms such as twitters to promote themselves and reach out to Coaches. Most of my scholarships came due to my twitter activity.
- What separated Air Force from the rest of the schools that offered you?
I have wanted to be a pilot since I was a kid, so Air Force was automatically separated from other programs, but working with the coaching staff and seeing the campus really sealed the deal. I was very impressed with every aspect of the program, and considering the volatility of the economy, having a guaranteed job making nearly 6 figures is really difficult to pass up.
- What has been your motivation to go D1?
I always wanted to be the best I could be, and D1 football is the pinnacle of college athletics. I worked as hard as I could to be the best.
- Thoughts on the new NIL rule changes?
The new NIL rulings were a long time coming. Having collegiate athletes get paid a salary would never make sense and will never happen, but the millions of dollars college programs bring in from certain players’ images indicated that this was inevitable. It’s really exciting to see the new possibilities this will bring, and is a great way to aid athletes.
- Which coach in your football career has been the most instrumental in your success?
Coach Kyle Brey at IMG is the best Coach I have ever had. He believed in me as a sophomore and entrusted me with a starting tackle job, even though I was not a very good football player at the time. With his motivation and tutelage, I greatly improved mentally and physically.
- What player would you say you model your game after the most?
I like to model my game after Orlando Pace, he was a tackle that really had a generational combination of size, strength, balance and athleticism. Watching him play is like watching a ballet.
- Before we wrap up, is there anyone you’d like to give a shout out to?
I want to shout out everyone who said I wouldn’t make it or said I wasn’t good enough. I would not be here without them.